Thursday, April 27, 2017

Returning from an Alabama Family Funeral: Time to get Writing!

I enjoy providing updates, they allow me to see what I have been doing all these days of no sleep. 

I have contracted with Ms. Ellie Barrett for the illustrations in the soon to be released book, Who's That in the Cat Pajamas? She has perfected Dolcey's face. πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰ It is so exactly what I imagined. I might have caused Ellie to pull out some hair over colors but I was on a learning curve. 😣 You know me and my learning curves. I tend to hang from them like I am at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Here is a special sign just for you Ellie! 😸 The cover art is being designed and the editing has been completed. 

I am about to launch my first newsletter with some valuable and fun information. If you have not signed up for the newsletter, send me a note at vickitgoodwin@gmail.com.
There are some fun opportunities coming up for everyone that chooses to participate. If you like free books, free swag, links to other authors special offers, sneak peeks at book covers, fun, Facebook groups, and more, you will want to sign up soon. I do not send Newsletters out until there is a reason. Have no fear I am spam free!

After 27 days of off and on writing, I was awarded my certificate from Camp NaNoWriMo today. πŸ’ƒπŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ


I wrote sixteen chapters in the next novel Blip during Camp NaNoWriMo this year. If you want to know more about Hiram, visit The Page Turner, where he is making a guest appearance in an excerpt. (yes, it is a lengthy and unedited excerpt.) What can I say, I want you to feel as much love for Hiram and his bad self, as I do. The cover art is being designed and I am in talks with some editors. I have 2 beta readers for this book when it is ready. Openings are available for that as well. 

I started this off with a mention of the funeral I went to in Alabama, I will end this post here:
Rest in Peace, Nanny. πŸ’Ÿ You showed my children and my grandchildren love, and they all loved you in return. 










2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like your Nanny was very loved.

    Congrats on your accomplishment with Camp NaNoWriMo this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, she certainly was a force to be reckoned with and she was loved. THanks for the congrats! Sometimes I do not make it and so it makes winning all the more fun!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me!