Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Mentoring about a Book Signing Needed!

Has anyone set up their own book signing, let's say at a coffee house, a library, or another place that doesn't immediately come to my mind? I would love as an indie author to promote my book in person at least once to see if I can get over my timidness.

I talked tonight with another indie author and he suggested that I set up a book signing complete with 4 or 5 author friends. I just happen to have 3 other local writers that I might coax into joining me.


Are you able to help me come up with more ideas for such an event? Any ideas would be so appreciated. Believe me, I have already been to Pinterest and my mind is buzzing with ideas, but share your own with me!

In fact, if you are local to the Lexington Kentucky area, there would be a spot for you to join us.
Please let me know. I look forward to meeting more indie authors and learning how you promote in person and off of the Internet.

For a nice change of pace let's log out of Facebook and Twitter and hit the streets of Lexington Kentucky.

I have a set of questions that perhaps someone could assist me with:

  1. How many books should you bring with you?
  2. Should you also bring bookmarks, business cards, pens, and other swag?
  3. Does swag help in brand retention?
  4. How far ahead should you plan an event?
  5. If you have a book almost ready to publish should you promote it while selling your last book?
  6. Would you suggest a mailing list sign up sheet?
Thank you in advance, don't be shy. This is what leads me to this blog post. I want to be able to face new readers with confidence. Won't you help?


2 comments:

  1. I think doing it with a group of authors is a wonderful idea for both the authors and the site hosting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me!