Sunday, June 18, 2017

Planning My First Book Signing Event

Yesterday I received the details on the Bluegrass Book Bash. What is that? Well, I will happily tell you! It is a book signing event in Corbin Kentucky. Corbin Kentucky is the home of the original Kentucky Fried Chicken and Colonel Sanders. I have convinced one of my daughters to come with and hold my hand during the event. I hope I will not be shaking too much to sign legibly.

I have been asking for those that have attended a book signing event before to give suggestions to make it a success. The response has been great and I am finding my head swirling with ideas. I have a stack of Who's That in the Cat Pajamas? children's books to take with me, I have a few of the Path of the Child the YA book to set out. I also have a copy of the anthology 31 Days of October. I need to plump up those stacks before August. I am also going to be introducing my two tee-shirt designs for the event. Now to get some bookmarks, and flyers made. I want this to go smoothly and be a success. Since it is my first, I will probably do an overkill.


 Let me tell you about my daughters and I planning a fairy party for one of the grandchildren. We decided that stations were needed. A face painting station complete with glitter paints, glitter makeup, and butterfly wing patterns. We created a photo booth with wings, crowns, wands, boas, and other items for the children to hold. There was a fairy dust booth where the children could make bags of fairy dust to take home. This was for a family of about 9 children. It was a great fun day and we laugh about the overkill, but we love the memories. One of the starter parties that we are now known for!

That is exactly how this could go if I am not careful. Everyone that knows me know that when the excitement kicks in, look out! Please share ideas and help me make it the most fun and least terrifying event ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me!